Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is a PBX?
Q. What do I need to have a PBX?
Q. I am an existing client, and I have a Toll Free Number.How do I sign up?
Q. I am not a client, but I have a Toll Free Numberwith another carrier. How do I sign up?
Q. How is the billing procedure?
Q. Are there any contracts to sign?
Q. Are there any hidden costs?
Q. Can I decide what type of Toll Free Number I want?
Q. How does your Voicemail work?
Q. How long is the message length for Voicemails?
Q. What are the settings for your Voicemail?
Q. What is your support?
Q. Will the number work right away after I have signed up??
Q. Transfering your existing Toll Free Number??
Q.What is a PBX?
The PBX is a comprehensive system in which callers dial your Nationwide Toll Free Number,
and are then prompted to further dial an extension. [ Top
Q.What do I need to have a PBX?
All you really need is a working phone number. We will provide the Nationwide Toll Free Number,
the voicemail and you will choose the PBX package. [ Top
Q.I am an existing client, and I have a Toll Free Number. How do I sign up?
Signing up is easy! Simply go to the PBX section on the website, and choose your package.
Once you are activated, you will then go into your on-line account manager and begin the
set-up process. [ Top
Q.I am not a client, but I have a Toll Free Number with another carrier. How do I sign up
The first step is to Transfer your existing Toll Free Number to Callture. Once your number is fully
transferred and working, then you can begin the process of activating your new PBX system. [ Top
Q.How is the billing procedure?
Billing is exactly the same for all of our services. We charge on a weekly basis for the usage of the system.
At the end of the month, we will add on the service charges
. [ Top
Q.Are there any contracts to sign?
No, you will never sign a contract to become a customer of Callture. You can sign up for FREE
and cancel at any time. We do not tie anyone into confusing and complicated contracts, we let
our superior service speak for itself.
Q.Are there any hidden costs?
No, we post all of our charges easily on-line for you to see. To view all of our rates and
charges click here
. [ Top
Q.Can I decide what type of Toll Free Number I want?
Yes, you can choose from 4 types of Toll Free Numbers when you sign up.
- Random – If you want a generic Toll Free Number, the system will assign you a number
when you sign up. These numbers are guaranteed to work.
- List– Callture owns 1000's of numbers that we allow our clients to choose from.
These numbers are guaranteed to work.
- Vanity Number – Vanity Number – Some clients want their Toll Free number to spell out a
word or phrase.
e.g. 1-800-Flowers. There is no guarantee that the number will be yours,
as someone else may have taken it already. These numbers take 4-7 business days to
- Transfer – If you already have a Toll Free Number with another carrier, you may transfer
the number to Callture. Simply choose this option, and you will be given instructions on
how to complete the process. Transferring Toll Free Numbers takes up to 2 weeks.
Q.How does your Voicemail work?
When you sign up for our PBX, you are immediately given access to our Voicemail service. You will have
voicemail capabilities on all of your extensions, including the Operator extension. Our Voicemail boxes
have an unlimited capacity, but it can only hold a maximum of 10 messages at any given time.
Q.How long is the message length for Voicemails?
Callers may leave a maximum message length of 60 seconds. [ Top
Q.What are the settings for your Voicemail?
Our voicemail has 3 options for our users.
- Disabled – The voicemail is turned off, and no messages will be left.
- Enabled – This is the primary use of the voicemail. Clients can determine how many rings they want to have before their voicemail picks up. You can also record a personal greeting.
- Forced – This will bypass the ring-to number. It is essentially a voicemail box, when the caller dials your extension, they will immediately be transferred to your voicemail.
Q.What is your support?
You have a variety of ways to contact us if you need any assistance:
- Trouble Tickets – this is the best means of communication with our Customer Service Team.
Simply send us a trouble ticket through your on-line account manager, and detail what
the problem is. We will guarantee to answer your request within 24 hours of a working day.
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and detail what you need to ask.
- Chat – We have a chat program that is available on our website, simply go to any page and wait for 1-2 minutes, and the chat window will appear.
- Contact us – call our office Mon – Fri, 9am – 5PM. Toll Free 1.888.683.5226, International: 1.647.258.5000
Q.Will the number work right away after I have signed up?
In most cases yes. However, you should never assume or advertise that the number will be functional until you have tested it yourself and know that it is with the Callture service. This applies to all numbers, whether local or toll free.
Q.Transfering your existing Toll Free Number?